Systems Control Technology Committee
The purpose of this committee is to encourage and assist water utilities in applying system control technologies to optimize business operations and maintenance. Committee members shall develop and disseminate information about integrations, applications, and sustainability of telemetry and SCADA systems, including control devices.
1. Integration of SCADA systems includes data systems such as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Customer Information Systems (CIS), Financial Information Systems (FIS), and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI).
2. Application of SCADA systems includes process automation, data collection, historical data processing, and advanced supervisory controls and strategies.
3. Sustainability of SCADA systems includes data management, system security, SCADA governance, resource requirements, life cycle analysis, and system resiliency.
4. Control devices include maintenance and efficiencies of PRVs, pumps, VFDs, and other control equipment.
The System Control Technology Committee will accomplish its purpose by executing three core strategies:
1. Collaborate with other committees of the Section to provide timely and informative technical sessions at Section conferences.
2. Organize professional seminars, workshops, and panels that bring attention to current trends and developments in system control technology.
3. Encourage outreach and interest in system control technology through the Young Professionals Committee and Workforce Development Council.
This committee reports to the Operations and Maintenance Division.