Leadership Through Decision-making and Communication Workshop for Small Water Systems
Date: June 29-30
Location: CA-NV Section, Frontier Project Building, First Floor Conference Room 10435 Ashford Street, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Times for this two-day workshop are as follows: Day 1: 8:00am-4:30pm | Day 2: 8:00am-12:00pm
Register: Online: efcnetwork.org/upcoming - Or click HERE to download the registration form.
CEUs: This workshop has been submitted to the state for CEUs.
Cost: Free. Space is limited.
Contact: Jessica Eckerlin, email@example.com
Workshop Description: Strong communication and decision-making skills make a successful leader, and leadership happens at every level. Public works directors, water utility managers, operators, and finance staff needs to effectively communicate with rate payers, boards, funding and regulatory agencies, and staff. Good communication and decision-making skills improve effectiveness, from internal decision-making processes to communicating with regulatory bodies, ratepayers, and funding agencies.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Gain support from the community, board, regulatory bodies, and funding agencies for decisions involving rates, budgets, and improvements;
- Reduce conflict and increase participation in decision-making;
- Create compelling communications to change awareness, attitudes, and behaviors;
- Create a motivated, adaptive, and safe work environment; and
- Improve staff collaboration and participation in decision-making process.
Trainers: Sarah Diefendorf, Director, EFC West
Lauralee Barbaria, Associate Director, EFC West
About the Program: The Smart Management for Small Water Systems program is administered by the Environmental Finance Center Network (EFCN), a university-based organization creating innovative solutions to the difficult how-to-pay issues of environmental protection and improvement. The program is brought to you in collaboration with the American Water Works Association (AWWA) and affiliated sections.