Volunteers are the lifeblood of our Section. The selfless commitment and efforts of our members and volunteers are why the Section exists and prospers. To recognize an individual (member/volunteer/customer) on this webpage, please contact Armando Apodaca, Membership Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mike Malone, a 30-year veteran of utilities operation has been named the Director of the newly formed Vallejo Water Department.
Section Chair, Heather Collins presenting Rick Hansen a Proclamation from the Section's Executive Committee commemorating his 40th anniversary with Three Valleys Municipal Water District.
2017 CA-NV Section Fresh Ideas Poster Competition winner, Michelle Chebeir, UC Riverside accepting her 1st place certificate with judges, Steve Dennis, Tom Bloomer and Kirk Medina.
2017 CA-NV Section Fresh Ideas Poster Competition 2nd place winners, Brent Castanon, Jason Chou and Kevin Hernandez, Cal Poly Pomona accepting their 2nd place certificates.
• The City of Fairfield North Bay Regional Water Treatment Plant has been awarded the 2017 Class II Wendell R. LaDue Utility Safety Award by the American Water Works Association (AWWA).
• The San Diego County Water Authority's Emergency & Carryover Storage Project, built to protect the region from droughts and catastrophic disruptions to imported water supplies, has won the Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award from the American Society of Civil Engineers (source: AWWA Journal May 2017 publication).
• The following students have received 2017 CA-NV Section Scholarships:
▪ Sonali Abraham, UCLA was awarded the Dr. Pankaj Parekh Memorial Scholarship ($5,000)
▪ Alex Gong, CSU Fresno, was awarded the Dr. Pankaj Parekh Memorial Scholarship ($5,000)
▪ Linh Kim, CSU Fullerton was awarded a Undergraduate Scholarship ($2,500)
▪ David Lim, UC Davis was awarded a Undergraduate Scholarship ($2,500)
▪ Maria Katrina Mendoza, Cal Poly Pomona was awarded a Undergraduate Scholarship ($2,500)
▪ Madeline Wiegel, Loyola Marymount University was awarded a Undergraduate Scholarship ($2,500)
▪ Luis Estrada, Jr. was awarded the One AWWA Operator Scholarship ($1,000)
• The following students from the Section have received 2017 AWWA Scholarships:
▪ Lisbeth DaBramo, UC Berkeley was awarded the Bryant L. Bench/Carollo Engineers Scholarship
▪ Chelsea Cluff, University of Nevada, Reno was awarded the HDR Scholarship
▪ Yukinobu Tanimoto, Stanford University was awarded the Hazen and Sawyer Scholarship
Congratulations to all of the students and operator listed above!
The Section gives out awards twice a year to honor those that have gone above and beyond in the water industry. These awards are a small way for the Section to give recognition to those that have volunteered their most precious resource....their time and energy.
2017 Committee Award Applications
The California/Nevada Section Energy & Sustainability Committee is pleased to request applications for the 2017 Outstanding Energy Management Award. The award is bestowed annually to water agencies which have exhibited outstanding energy management leadership in their operation of potable water supply, treatment and distribution systems or recycled water distribution systems.
To be considered for the award: An agency must be a current AWWA California-Nevada Section Utility Member.
The award acknowledges: Energy and energy cost savings attributed to innovative, significant (within the applicant’s utility) and transferable (to other utilities) techniques for energy management.
For more information, please contact: Lorraine White at email@example.com.
Click HERE to download the 2017 Outstanding Energy Management Award application.
Awards Committee Webpage
Click HERE to visit the Awards Committee webpage that lists all CA-NV Section and AWWA awards with applications.
If you would like more information about awards or joining the Awards Committee you can contact Committee co-chairs: Joe Guistino JGuistino@coastsidewater.org or Colter Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org